Mergers and Acquisitions
If you are thinking about joining forced with another business through a corporate merger or taking control of a competitor or complimentary service provider via and acquisition, then you will need advice and support from a team o professionals to help you negotiate a good deal and ensure the transaction proceeds smoothly.
At IMD Solicitors, our corporate solutions team specialise in the coordination and management of merger and acquisition projects and in providing advice on the legal implications of a proposed transaction, to be considered alongside financial and tax advice obtained from your accountant.
Our service covers everything from the initial due diligence you will need to carry out to gain a better understanding of the business you are contemplating becoming involved with to the documents you will need to give effect to your agreement and ensure compliance with any necessary rules and procedures.
We have lawyers based in offices around the UK and in several cities in Europe, which means we are able to service your needs wherever you may be, and to ensure costs are managed we can usually work for a pre-agreed fixed fee.
We have experience in a range of sectors and particular expertise in mergers and acquisition legal work for international group companies operating across multiple jurisdictions.
We can help to support you in the negotiation and completion of:
- a business sale;
- a share sale;
- a partnership or company acquisition;
- a management buyout or buy-in;
- a corporate merger;
- a company or corporate restructure; and
- a joint venture arrangement.
We can also help with corporate divestiture where you need to dispose of assets or transfer business functions for efficiency reasons once a merger or acquisition has completed or in order to address competition and anti-trust concerns.
Our service does not end there, as we can refer you to colleagues who can also assist with related matters including:
- advice on the employment law implications of a proposed deal, particularly where TUPE is engaged or you plan a mass programme of redundancy;
- effecting changes to corporate governance and compliance rules to cater for the needs of your business post-merger or acquisition, for example by redrafting your articles of association and shareholders agreement where you operate as a company and by amending policies and procedures and employee and directors’ service agreements;
- arranging for the transfer of customer and supplier accounts and for the assignment of a any associated contracts; and
- reviewing legal arrangements to ensure they remain adequate, including those in place for intellectual property protection and data protection compliance.
Why choose IMD Solicitors?
Our lawyers specialise in transactional work and in getting the deal done whatever it takes — provided this is in your interests.
When problems arise, we find ways to overcome them and when the pressure is on to conclude a matter quickly we have the capacity to upscale resources so that any deadlines can be met.
We are responsive, commercially focused and committed to helping you achieve your objectives, whether your involvement in a proposed arrangement is as a seller, a buyer, an investor or even a commercial lender.
It is not just domestic transactional work we can help with, but international matters too given our extensive network of professional contacts in other contries.