If you need urgent help to protect your business interests then it may be necessary to apply for an injunction. This might be the case where your intellectual property rights are being infringed, a competitor is making unfair use of your confidential information, your reputation is being unjustifiably tarnished, you need access to documents before deciding whether to issue legal proceedings or someone who owes you money is deliberately depleting their assets to avoid paying what is due.
What is an injunction?
An injunction is a court order which either prohibits certain actions being taken (a prohibitory injunction) or compels certain actions to be carried out (a mandatory injunction). They are a useful tool where you are in dispute with someone and you urgently need them to do or stop doing something to prevent your business being irreversibly harmed.
What types of injunction do IMD Solicitors deal with?
Our experienced dispute resolution lawyers can help you to apply for or defend any type of prohibitory or mandatory injunction, including:
- freezing injunctions prohibiting assets being disposed of or dealt with, inclusive of worldwide freezing orders attaching to assets spread across the globe and which need to be put in place as soon as possible, particularly in large international disputes;
- search orders compelling access to be given to premises for the purpose of searching for and retrieving documents, information or property;
- privacy injunctions prohibiting the publication of private or confidential information, including super injunctions preventing publication of the fact a privacy injunction has been obtained;
- springboard injunctions preventing a former employee from gaining unfair advantage in a competing business venture through the misuse of confidential information or some other unlawful activity;
- pre-action disclosure orders requiring the advance disclosure of documents likely to be relevant to proposed legal proceedings; and
- third party injunctions compelling someone connected to your opponent to hand over documents or to refrain from effecting a transfer of opponent-owned assets or funds in order to preserve these for your use and benefit.
Why choose IMD Solicitors?
Our team of dispute resolution solicitors have an impressive track record in securing injunctions for UK-based businesses and international companies with a UK presence. We also have an excellent track record in defending injunctions where your business is unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of an injunction request.
Our advice takes account not just of your immediate needs but also your longer term commercial objectives.
We have offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester as well as a number of trusted partners across the whole of Europe staffed by dedicated professionals on standby to secure you an emergency remedy where this is required.
We are particularly skilled in securing injunctions in the context of:
- shareholder disputes;
- director’s disputes;
- contractual disputes;
- supplier disputes;
- customer disputes;
- competition and antitrust disputes;
- defamation and media disputes;
- intellectual property disputes; and
- debt recovery disputes/
Once the dust has settled, it is also reassuring to know that we can continue to advise you on any other legal requirements you may have, including:
- corporate and commercial law matters;
- regulatory issues and business crime;
- employment law;
- business immigration;
- commercial property;
- debt collection; and
- corporate insolvency .
To discuss your requirements, please contact Olexandr Kyrychenko on 0330 107 0106 .
Senior Consultant Solicitor