With contracts governing virtually every commercial relationship you enter as a business it is not surprising that disputes occasionally arise, whether because of an alleged misrepresentation, a breach or contract or a failure to comply with fiduciary duties in contracts based on trust and confidence, such as agency agreements.
The key to resolving these types of disputes is to decide at an early stage what you want to achieve and to speak to use about strategies for achieving your objectives.
How can IMD Solicitors help?
Our team of dispute resolution lawyers can support you in the resolution of domestic and international contract disputes through a range of dispute resolution procedures tailored to your requirements.
For example, in case where your objective is to being an immediate halt to activities being carried out in breach of contract and to then exercise rights of termination we are likely to recommend court proceedings and an application for an injunction.
In other cases where your objective is to keep our commercial relationship going or to ensure details of your disputes remain private then it may be more appropriate to explore alternative dispute resolution methods, such as negotiation, mediation, arbitration or expert determination.
What types on contract dispute can we help you with?
We can help to resolve contract disputes involving customers, suppliers, employees, shareholders, investors, business associates, professional advisors or parties to commercial transactions, resulting out of a variety of commercial dealing including:
- corporate transactions, such as merger and acquisition or joint ventures;
- commercial contracts, such as a sale of goods or supply of services agreements, outsourcing arrangements, product warranties, personal guarantees, agency or distribution agreements, shareholders agreements or share purchase agreements;
- contracts of employment or director ' s service agreements; and
- personal finance or corporate loan agreements.
We can also deal with disputes over:
- the enforceability of contract provisions under unfair contract terms legislation;
- the impact of insolvency arrangements on contract validity;
- jurisdiction in international contracts where it is unclear in which country dispute resolution proceedings ought to be commenced or conducted; and
- the enforceability of a contractual dispute resolution clause where there s ambiguity in the drafting and you do not wish to be bound by it.
Why choose IMD Solicitors?
Our dispute resolution solicitors understand the pivotal role contracts play in your commercial operations and the need to ensure they are functioning as intended. They also understand the need to react quickly where a dispute arises and to come up with creative solutions as to how they might be resolved.
We appreciate the need to proceed with care where there is a commercial relationship that needs to be preserved but also the importance of acting robustly and decisively where this is what is needed to protect your interests.
Our approach is holistic which means that when you come to use for help we do not look at your dispute in isolation but in the context of your wider commercial arrangements.
We will also ensure that where we spot potential issues within a contract which may give rise to future problems, these are highlighted and you are referred to a member of our commercial law team who will work with you to strengthen and improve your position, for example by revising your standard terms and conditions and suggesting where a bespoke contract may be more appropriate.
For more information, please contact Olexandr Kyrychenko on 0330 159 5968 . Alternatively you can make an appointment to see a member of our team in one of conveniently offices.