When commercial disputes arise they need to be tacked swiftly to stop them getting out of hand and to keep the time and cost of dealing with them as low as possible.
A particular caution is necessary in disputes involving cross-border transactions where additional jurisdictional issues have the tendency to complicate matters further.
To be able to react quickly you need clarity on the root cause of the problem, an honest appraisal of who should shoulder the blame, an assessment of the risks your business faces, a realistic view on the best and worst case scenario when it comes to possible outcomes, a firm idea of what you want to achieve and a clear strategy on how to achieve it.
This is where the expertise and experience of the dispute resolution lawyers at IMD Solicitors comes in.
How we can help
By working together from the moment a dispute arises we can help you take hold of the problem you face and shape the way it is dealt with to give you the best chance of achieving the result that you want.
We can do this whether your dispute arises from a failing out with a customer, supplier, professional advisor, business associate or member of your workforce and whether it concerns an alleged breach of contract, a defamatory statement, a dispute about intellectual property rights or something else.
There are a range of dispute resolution processes we can help you utilise, from negotiation and mediation to arbitration, expert determination and court action.
We will help you identify and choose the best jurisdiction for your dispute to maximise your chance and will project manage any dispute that involves actions across a number of jurisdictions.
The services offered by our dispute resolution solicitors include dealing with:
- contractual disputes;
- customer disputes;
- supplier disputes;
- shareholder disputes;
- directors disputes;
- intellectual property disputes;
- defamation and media claims;
- competition and antitrust claims;
- commercial debt collection;
- emergency injunctions; and
- insolvency matters.
Why come to us?
When you choose IMD Solicitors you get more than a lawyer — you get an ally focused on ensuring your interest are protected, your reputation remains untarnished and you are restored to a position where you can concentrate on promoting the success of your business.
This starts with the effective and efficient management of the dispute at hand and then moves on to consider your wider business needs and whether there is anything else we can do to help. This might include assessing your business for future risks and suggesting strategies to minimise these, assisting you in the negotiation of commercial contracts, proving you with employment law advice, putting in place a shareholders agreement, devising a strategy to manage your data protection compliance or supporting you through a corporate restructure.
We are a full service firm on hand to provide you with whatever support you need, ensuring always that the advice we give is clear and straightforward, technically excellent, tailored to your needs and commercially focused.
We are readily accessible, with offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester, and with a plethora of trusted partners throughout Europe this means that we can deal with both UK and EU based disputes, corporate transactions and commercial law matters, provided they are governed by UK or EU law.
List of notable dispute resolution cases
- Multi-jurisdictional dispute involving international consortium of corporate shareholders of a Saudi oil and gas subsidiary, involving allegations of fraud and breaches of contractual obligations. Liquidation of the subsidiary was sought by a proportion of shareholders. Settlement was reached between all and liquidation successfully prevented.
- Dual-jurisdictional dispute involving essentially a battle between conglomerate of companies, with proceedings lodged with various courts across two jurisdictions involving complex jurisdictional and commercial matters.
- Claim against international plc involving defending allegations of fraud. Concluded successfully and saved the Client from insolvency.
- Acting for a Claimant in a dispute with a global payment processing institution, involving misconduct allegations and challenge to jurisdiction. Case settled at over 80% of the amount claimed despite initial arguments and denial by the institution.
- Defended a breach of contract claim involving a cross-border supply of goods. Using strong defence arguments but preserving our client’s commercial position, we managed to resolve the matter through a reduction of the main claim by 75% and potential costs liability by 80%.
- Acted for a construction company in a claim to recover an unpaid contractual fees. Judgment in favour of the Client secured a trial despite little documentary evidence available and relying mostly on witness evidence.
- Represented a company Director in a successfully defended claim involving allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duties
- Acting for a claimant in a construction dispute. The matter proceeded to trial where the Claimant successfully obtained a judgement for the full amount.
- Acting for a defendant who failed to file a defence and had default judgement entered against him prior to instructing our firm. The judgement was set aside and eventually the value of the claim was reduced by 75%.
- Acting for a creditor in a reported High Court case relating to enforcement of a foreign judgement in the UK. Successfully defended an application by a debtor to declare the judgement unenforceable.
- Regularly acting for a group of companies dealing with medical equipment manufacturing and worldwide distribution. Assisting with both contentious and non-contentious cases ranging from commercial and employment to GDPR compliance.
- Represented a Client in a complex shareholders’ dispute concluded by the way of agreement and voluntary liquidation of the company.
- Acting for the UK based construction company in a dispute with a contractors. Settled the claim for circa. 90% of the amount originally claimed.
- Pursuing a claim against a firm of solicitors who have provided our client with negligent advice. Successful recovery of circa 80% of the loss incurred.
- Acting for a large meat supplier in a dispute with the distributor arising due to faulty product being introduced earlier in the supply chain.
- Successfully defending a client from committal to prison, in a private prosecution brought by the insurers of a third party following a road traffic collision.
- Acting in a dispute with the main contractor on a construction project. Successfully recovered our client’s losses incurred as a result of the main contractor and successfully defended all counterclaims that were brought against our client.
- Acting for an investor in a dispute with a trading company. Successfully obtained a judgment for the sums deducted from the client’s account by the trading company.
- Acting for a landlord in possession proceedings. Successfully obtained a court order for possession and evicted the tenant using the court appointed bailiff.
- Acting for a claimant in a Professional Negligence matter, successfully settling the case before trial.
For more information on our services, please contact us on 0330 107 0106 or email email@example.com. For dispute resolution enquiries only please contact the of our dispute resolution team, Olexandr Kyrychenko on 0330 107 0106.
Senior Consultant Solicitor
Contractual DisputesOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for contractual disputes. For contractual disputes…Contractual Disputes+
Supplier DisputesOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for suppliers disputes. For suppliers disputes enquiries…Supplier Disputes+
Customer DisputesOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for customer disputes. For customer disputes enquiries…Customer Disputes+
Shareholder DisputesOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for shareholder disputes. For shareholder disputes…Shareholder Disputes+
Construction DisputesOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for construction disputes. For construction disputes…Construction Disputes+
Intellectual Property DisputesOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for intellectual property disputes. For intellectual…Intellectual Property Disputes+
InjunctionsOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for injunctions. For injunctions enquiries contact…Injunctions+
Professional NegligenceOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for professional negligence. For professional negligence…Professional Negligence+
Insolvency LitigationOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for insolvency litigation. For insolvency litigation…Insolvency Litigation+
Competition and Antitrust DisputesOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for competition and antitrust disputes. For competition…Competition and Antitrust Disputes+
Defamation and MediaOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for defamation and media. For defamation and media…Defamation and Media+