When you run a business there is a lot to think about, including the best structure under which to operate, the contracts you need to govern your commercial relationships, any legal or regulatory obligations with which you must comply and the steps you can take to reduce the risk of things going wrong and to contain the fallout if they do.
As fellow business owners, this is something we understand and is why we have worked hard to create a complete service offering design to meet all of your business needs, whether you are a fledgling enterprise or a well-established international plc.
This offering includes a range of commercial law services designed to ensure that, whatever it is you do, you have the documents, processes and procedures you need to do it properly and in a way that best promotes and protects your interests.
Our services in more detail
The services offered by our commercial solutions team are extensive and include:
- business start-up advice, including partnership and company formation;
- the drafting of shareholders’ agreements and the other corporate documents;
- help with employment matters, including employment contracts and directors’ service agreements;
- the creation of standard and bespoke terms terms and conditions of sale;
- the drafting of lease and hire purchase documents;
- establishing procedures to ensure compliance with data protection laws;
- the safeguarding of your intellectual property rights;
- negotiating general commercial contracts and project specific agreements, including joint ventures, agency and distributions arrangements, franchise operations and construction deals; and
- the provision of company share sale and acquisition advice and the preparation of share purchase agreements.
While our primary focus is on advising businesses operating within the UK, we can also provide advice to organisations trading out of or into other countries within Europe or who are involved in projects with a European or international dimension.
Why come to us?
What sets us apart from other commercial solicitors is our genuine commitment to work in partnership with you to make your business the best that it can be.
This starts by taking the time to really understand what it is you do and the industry you operate in, your short and medium term objectives, any known or potential risk factors and what it is you need from us to help you succeed.
Our service has been designed to cover all major business functions and to take account of the full range of rights, relations and conduct issues you are likely to need to have regard to.
It is not just commercial law matter that we can advise you on, but also:
- corporate issues, including governance and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, company restructures and stock exchange listing; and
- the resolution of disputes, including contractual disagreements, problems with directors and alleged breaches of competition and anti-trust laws
We are also competitive on price and in most cases can offer our commercial law services on a fixed-fee basis so you know upfront exactly what you will have to pay.
Commercial ContractsWhen you run a business, entering commercial arrangements is something you will do every day. There will be sales…Commercial Contracts+
EmploymentPeople are the most valuable asset for a business but managing them can be costly, time consuming, complicated…Employment+
Intellectual Property ProtectionYour business is unique. It is based on your ideas, your innovations, your designs and your brand. To keep it that…Intellectual Property Protection+
Data Protection ComplianceIf your business deals with people living in the UK or EU then it will be subjected to stringent data protection…Data Protection Compliance+
Shareholder AgreementsIf you are the owner or manager of a company with more than one shareholder then you are likely to benefit from…Shareholder Agreements+
Share Purchase AgreementsIf you are thinking about investing in a private company or acquiring the whole of its share capital to secure…Share Purchase Agreements+
Agency and Distribution AgreementsWhen running a business, it can often be useful to forge relationships with others who can help get your product…Agency and Distribution Agreements+
Start upIf you are on the brink of setting up a business then your focus is likely to be on key issues like securing the…Start up+
Terms and Conditions of SalesSecuring orders for your goods or services is what business is all about, but it can be a minefield...Terms and Conditions of Sales+