When you run a business there is a lot to think about, including the best structure under which to operate, the contracts you need to govern your commercial relationships, any legal or regulatory obligations with which you must comply and the steps you can take to reduce the risk of things going wrong and to contain the fallout if they do.
As fellow business owners, this is something we understand and is why we have worked hard to create a complete service offering design to meet all of your business needs, whether you are a fledgling enterprise or a well-established international plc.
This offering includes a range of commercial law services designed to ensure that, whatever it is you do, you have the documents, processes and procedures you need to do it properly and in a way that best promotes and protects your interests.
Our services in more detail
The services offered by our commercial solutions team are extensive and include:
- business start-up advice, including partnership and company formation;
- the drafting of shareholders’ agreements and the other corporate documents;
- help with employment matters, including employment contracts and directors’ service agreements;
- the creation of standard and bespoke terms terms and conditions of sale;
- the drafting of lease and hire purchase documents;
- establishing procedures to ensure compliance with data protection laws;
- the safeguarding of your intellectual property rights;
- negotiating general commercial contracts and project specific agreements, including joint ventures, agency and distributions arrangements, franchise operations and construction deals; and
- the provision of company share sale and acquisition advice and the preparation of share purchase agreements.
While our primary focus is on advising businesses operating within the UK, we can also provide advice to organisations trading out of or into other countries within Europe or who are involved in projects with a European or international dimension.
Why come to us?
What sets us apart from other commercial solicitors is our genuine commitment to work in partnership with you to make your business the best that it can be.
This starts by taking the time to really understand what it is you do and the industry you operate in, your short and medium term objectives, any known or potential risk factors and what it is you need from us to help you succeed.
Our service has been designed to cover all major business functions and to take account of the full range of rights, relations and conduct issues you are likely to need to have regard to.
It is not just commercial law matter that we can advise you on, but also:
- corporate issues, including governance and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, company restructures and stock exchange listing; and
- the resolution of disputes, including contractual disagreements, problems with directors and alleged breaches of competition and anti-trust laws
We are also competitive on price and in most cases can offer our commercial law services on a fixed-fee basis so you know upfront exactly what you will have to pay.
List of notable commercial cases
- Advising one of the largest European banks on a number of occasions in respect of validity and construction of guarantees and on demand bonds, together with validity of agreements varying the guarantees and the underlying multi-million facility agreements.
- Advising on the establishment of a large entertainment company. Preparing various corporate and investment documents and leading extensive negotiations of shareholder agreement and ancillary documents. In addition, we provided various legal support to the company on on-going basis.
- Acting for a major automotive manufacturer in a joint venture with a UK company to commence production and distribution on the product in the UK and the Commonwealth. Negotiating and preparing all the relevant joint venture documents.
- Acting for the construction company in a large scale building project of circa £25m. Involved in negotiating an extensive JCT D&B contract as between our client (main contractor) and the local authority who were their client in this project.
- Drafting Terms & Conditions and Warranty terms for a leading UK manufacturer of steel doors, windows and partitions.
- Representing a sub-contractor in construction contract negotiations involving a large number of parties for construction of a museum in Kuwait.
- Advising on and drafting SaaS (Software as a Service) contract for the Client entering the UK market
- Advising on both pro-supplier and pro-customer Software Development Agreements for various Clients
- Advised a technology start up to set up and validate a messaging app, a direct competitor to Facebook’s Messenger
- Advising the client on and negotiating terms of corporate and personal guarantees tied to a cross-border commercial contract.
- Assisting a charity in preparation of various terms and conditions and contractual agreements.
- Advising the client on the terms of a joint venture agreement in an innovative waste management project.
- Advised the first Polish-owned bridging company in the UK
- Advising the client on the validity of execution of a number of international corporate finance agreements.
Commercial ContractsOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for commercial contracts. For commercial contracts…Commercial Contracts+
EmploymentOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for employment. For employment enquiries contact our…Employment+
Intellectual Property ProtectionOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for intellectual property protection. For intellectual…Intellectual Property Protection+
Data Protection ComplianceOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for data protection compliance. For data protection…Data Protection Compliance+
Shareholder AgreementsOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for shareholder agreements. For shareholder agreements…Shareholder Agreements+
Share Purchase AgreementsOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for share purchase agreements. For share purchase…Share Purchase Agreements+
Agency and Distribution AgreementsOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for agency and distribution agreements. For agency…Agency and Distribution Agreements+
Start upOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for starting up a business. For starting up a business…Start up+
Terms and Conditions of SalesOur expert solicitors specialise in providing legal services for terms and conditions of sales. For terms and conditions…Terms and Conditions of Sales+