Transport and Logistics
The transport and logistics industry is central to the evolution of the global marketplace. It’s also a sector that is subject to ever changing legal and regulatory demands that span across the borders of many countries.
Legal awareness in this complex international area of law, implementation of the right procedures and compliance with regulations can save a business not only time, distress and large money losses that are a natural consequence of goods or vehicles being seized by the UK Border Force, but can also limit future issues too.
Our specialist Transport & Logistics team here at IMD Solicitors provide advice and solutions on issues specific to seizure and also clandestine entrants to include:
- Drafting relevant legal documentation and policies
- Advising on current legislation relating to international shipment of goods
- Drafting Applications for restoration to challenge legality of seizure
- Negotiations with UKBA to challenge their decisions in respect of clandestine entrants
- Representation at Court and Tribunals within the jurisdiction of England and Wales to appeal Border Force decisions
- Negotiations with Border Force to secure compensation for businesses that have had goods and/or vehicles seized and disposed of
- Negotiation with Consignee with respect to any claims relating to breach of contract and failed deliveries
The team can also help with many other issues relevant to the Transport & Logistics sector to include:
- Operator Licence Applications
- Public Inquiries
- Driver hours offences
- Driver policies
- Director disqualification
- Trading Standards
- Tachograph offences
- DVSA impounding
For more information on our services, please contact us on 0330 107 0106 or email email@example.com.