Why IMD Solicitors Is the Right Firm for You
By working as a consultant at IMD Solicitors, you are in charge of what your working life looks like. You can set your own hours, benefit from unlimited earning potential and work alongside many other talented individuals offering complimentary services. However, it is important to us and for your career that we are the right firm for you. We are proud to have a clear mission, strong values and an identifiable brand. We also provide excellent support from the outset to all of our consultant solicitors. On this page, you can read more about each of these elements to consider whether IMD might be a good fit for your next career move.
Get in contact with our team today to find out more.
Do you share in our values, mission and culture?
At IMD Solicitors, we are committed to helping diverse communities and minorities to thrive in the UK. Our vision is to become the leading companies supporting international communities and businesses in the UK. However, as we grow, it is important to us that we preserve the family spirit of the firm and the strong feeling of inclusiveness we have cultivated across our team. Every member of our diverse team shares our values and brings a unique perspective and understanding to the work we do. We have a caring, collaborative, and welcoming culture, which is something we will never sacrifice for business growth.
Our values are important to us because they support our vision, shape our culture and truly reflect how we work. We are:
DIVERSE - Diversity and inclusiveness is the foundation of our firm.
RESPECTFUL - Mutual respect is at the heart of our relationships with both clients and colleagues.
HONEST - We pride ourselves on being open and honest at all times and uphold the highest standards of integrity.
COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE - We pursue excellence and are continuously dedicated to developing our skills and expertise.
How can IMD Solicitors support you?
Working with IMD Solicitors as a consultant solicitor, you will have the support of the firm in many areas of your working life. When you work alone, convincing clients that they can trust you can be challenging, but as a consultant solicitor you can benefit from our established brand and years of customer satisfaction.
Similarly, sole practitioners will normally need to find their own business premises and manage the administration involved with running a legal practice. We take care of all of that on your behalf so you can focus on what you do best.
One of the main benefits of becoming a sole practitioner is having more freedom around your schedule. You can work from home and spend more time with family or set specific office hours that work for you. We will support you with adjusting to life as a consultant solicitor, providing learning and assistance with working for yourself, marketing your services and managing your workload.
You will also have access to our modern technology and excellent case management system, allowing you to handle cases with ease.
Support at every stage
We will assist and support you at every stage, from right now when you are considering becoming a consultant solicitor, to helping you to thrive in our business.
Making the transition to being a consultant solicitor
Moving from being an employee at a firm to becoming a consultant solicitor can seem complicated and even confusing, but we will guide you through every stage of the process. When you choose to work with IMD, we can help you with:
- Understanding the process of becoming self-employed
- Getting advice on tax matters
- Planning your finances to allow you to move to being self-employed, including how you can still get a mortgage or loan
- Getting the equipment you need, technical support and any secretarial or PA assistance you may require
Your first few months as a consultant solicitor at IMD
We understand that moving firm is always a big change, with lots to learn. Even though you will be self-employed as a consultant solicitor, you are still very much part of our firm and we will provide all of the support you need to find your feet. Including:
- Setting you up on our client management system and providing training
- Helping you transfer clients and files
- Assisting you with marketing yourself and your services, including PR, digital marketing and social media marketing.
- Helping you to set up a personal website if you wish and ensuring it is optimized to help you be found in Search.
Ongoing support for consultant solicitors at IMD
We don't just provide support to get you started, but treat you as an important and values part of our team. We want you to thrive. As a result, you will always benefit from:
- IT support
- The support of our paralegals and admin staff
- Our sophisticated finance and case management system with features such as time recording, conflict checks and invoicing
- Use of our telephone answering service
- Access to our third party suppliers
- IMD branded stationery and business cards
- Access to Practical Law online database.
- Access to IMD intranet.
- Access to our network of modern offices in London, Manchester and Birmingham for client meetings.
- Digital dictation
- Scanning and archiving services
- Telephone conferencing capabilities
- Copy and print facilities
- Trial bundle preparation services
- Diary management
- Event planning services
Work with IMD Solicitors as a Consultant Solicitor
Here at IMD Solicitors , our expert team can help you shape your career the way you want. Our consultant solicitor model allows our lawyers to do their best work while ensuring they have the work-life balance that works for them. When you join us, you can work from home or from our offices, set your own hours and retain most of what you bill. If you think we sound like your kind of firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. To learn more about working with us as a consultant solicitor, please call us on 0330 107 0107 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will get back to you right away with further details.